October 17, 2007

I am a bandwagoneer.

I have never watched the Rockies with any seriousness, ever. In fact, my fan-ness of baseball links only to those disastrous Mets. In any case, I count myself among the disbelieving class of Colorado residents who finally got behind the Rockies when things started going well. And really, they're playing exciting sports - I like exciting sports.

Interestingly enough, the New York Times has given a burst of Rockies coverage over the last few weeks (for unsurprising reasons). Suddenly, Dan O'Dowd's recruiting and managing paradigm (Denny Neagle, who?) is a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pucky,
I am a bandwagoneer as well. It is great to witness the Rockies success and to feel good about a team of guys who love to play the game. I guess I feel like Rockies baseball is one sport that continues to be accessible to the common man. You can sit in the rock pile and enjoy a game and the beauty of Coors field for a reasonable regular season price.
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I'll jump on too. Great comment Mimi.