January 7, 2007

An Echo, a Glimmer

I was in the bookstore yesterday before the movie (which was totally awesome by the way) and picked up *South Park and Philosophy,* the first volume in the Blackwell Pop Culture and Philosophy Series. Lo and behold, on the inside flap I saw a list of forthcoming titles and there it was: "LOST and Philosophy, Sharon Kaye, ed." Evidence that I'm not quite dreaming or making something up in my head. The book will be out in September or thereabouts..

If you're wondering, the Blackwell series is different than the Open Court series. I'm not sure of the mechanics of this divergence. Anyway, there are about 30 volumes in the Open Court series, covering just about any aspect of popular culture (from "The Undead and Philosophy," which sounds gross, to "On Bullshit and Philosophy." I wonder if Harry Frankfurt saw that one coming).

4 comments:

Susan said...

Will you be available for autographs??

nancy said...

Let me know when I can preorder on Amazon. We should definitely have a book signing party!!!

Becky Vartabedian said...

What about a book reading party, instead? :) Thanks for your support, and my autograph will be available for a fee. Ha.

nancy said...

I pay in Starbucks!!!